For the sake of romance, we'll share our best spots so you and your sweetheart can build heart-shaped memories.
There’s a reason why so many love stories are set in New York City. The old-world charm, the iconic landmarks, the streets and all their stories, the endless possibilities. Here's our crib sheet for planning a memorable honeymoon in New York City.
MOST ROMANTIC HOTEL
- Uptown: The Mark, a refashioned 1920s grand dame one block from Central Park, is the perfect place for an uptown romance, with Deco-inspired rooms, a Jean-Georges restaurant, and access to a personal shopper from Bergdorf Goodman.
- Downtown: Crosby Street Hotel’s modern English design, vibrant, eye-catching rooms, chic downtown clientele, and unbeatable location make it a draw for couples who live for the moment and crave being in the middle of the action.
MOST ROMANTIC RESTAURANT
- River Cafe: Classic prix-fixe menu. Gentlemen’s jacket policy. Sweeping views of Manhattan’s skyline. Dumbo’s legendary culinary institution nestled under the Brooklyn Bridge has all the makings of a meal to remember.
MOST ROMANTIC STROLL
- Central Park Conservatory Garden: Ambling through Central Park’s only proper garden — tucked behind its own entrance off 105th Street, free of runners and bicyclists, and packed with roses, crab apple trees, and wisteria — is like walking through a European daydream.
BEST PHOTO OP
- Brooklyn Bridge Park: There’s a reason why newlyweds flock to Brooklyn’s scenic waterfront. Forego Dumbo’s most crowded cobblestone streets (Washington Street, we’re looking at you) in favor of side streets, riverside paths, and the Brooklyn Heights promenade. Better yet, visit early, before everyone else does.
- Uptown: Bemelman’s Bar exudes high-class sophistication. Go for the live piano, the champagne (or their signature bloody Mary), and the photos of the gold-leaf ceilings and whimsical murals in the background.
- Downtown: Minetta Tavern remains one of the city’s hardest reservations to snag. Your way in: Go late, grab a seat at the bar, and feel like you've been transported to the 1930s.
PLACE TO BE NAUGHTY
- Raines Law Room: The classy cocktail bar has cozy booth seating and buttons to summon your server — that way they won’t interrupt you and your honey when things get steamy.
- Fly Nyon: Book a twenty-minute, open-door helicopter flight above Manhattan, complete with door-to-door pickup and photography bootcamp beforehand, and come away from your trip with memories (and killer snapshots) that’ll last forever.
RECREATE CINEMATIC SCENE
- Sleepless in Seattle + Affair to Remember: We don’t know if it’s the altitude or the atmosphere, but there’s something about a rendezvous atop the Empire State Building that gets the heart racing.
LET US PLAN YOUR HONEYMOON
Want a little more help planning one of the biggest trips of your life? From booking the best flights to reserving the perfect hotels, meals, and excursions — we do it all. Email the Fathom Travel Desk.