The Fathom website is operated in the United States and in accordance with the laws of the United States.
We comply with data protection principles that hold that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
What information does Fathom collect?
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personal Information. We collect the following types of information from our users.
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
• Fathom automatically receives and records information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
• Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. Fathom may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
When you subscribe to the Fathom newsletter, we may collect information that you provide, such as zip code and your name. You can unsubscribe from receiving Fathom emails at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any email and following the instructions.
Information Collected Using Cookies:
• Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. We strongly recommend that you leave cookies active, because they enable you to take advantage the most attractive features of the Services.
We collect statistical information about how users, collectively, use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information is derived from Personal Information, such as your location (which, in turn, is derived from your IP address). This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you or your web browser.
How and to whom is my information shared?
The Services are designed to help you share information with others. As a result, some of the information generated through the Services is shared publicly or with third parties.
Public Fathom Activity Information:
Some of your activity on and through the Services is public by default. This includes, but is not limited to content you have posted on the Site or through the Services.
Fathom will never sell, rent or share your personal information, including your email address, with any third parties for marketing purposes without your express permission. In cases where we do share your personal information with Third Party Services and/or Fathom partners, as in the case of sweepstakes, wherein entry in the sweepstakes requires consenting to receive marketing information from Third Party Services and/or partners, this will be made explicit at the point of entry.
IP Address Information:
While we collect and store IP address information, that information is not made public. We do at times, however, share this information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business, but only to fight spam/malware.
Information You Elect to Share:
We share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how Fathom interfaces with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
Information Shared with Agents of Fathom:
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if Fathom, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Fathom goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Fathom may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Information Disclosed for the Protection of Fathom and Others:
Fathom also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Fathom, its users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
Information We Share With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
What if I have questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: April 10, 2011. Most recently modified on May 24, 2018.