So you didn’t take your amor to Mexico for Valentine’s Day.
But you still have time to bring Mexico home. With a little inspiration and ingenuity, you can turn breakfast in bed into a little fiesta. Here’s how.
Mexico Between the Sheets
1. Dress the bed with festive linens like Michele Varian's hand cut leather appliqué pillow.
2. Buy or borrow a rustic wooden tray.
3. Whip up a batch of homemade churros, a traditional Mexican style donut rolled in sugar and cinnamon.
4. Serve with a creamy Dulce de Leche dipping sauce.
5. And a mug of spicy Mexican hot chocolate. Top off with a shot of tequila for an extra kick.
6. Err on the side of tradition with a beautiful box of Aztec flavored chocolates from Vosges.
7. Decorate the tray with a fresh bouquet of carnations, paper flowers, and any skull paraphernalia you have lying around.
8. Set the mood with a thorn apple candle from D.L. Little & Co.
9. Stay under the covers while perusing the work of Frida and Diego.
10. Handwrite a love note on a gorgeous card.