If the internet is to be trusted, homemade banana bread has become the unofficial comfort food of coronavirus. As we take a spin around the world, one baked good at a time, we got a recipe for banana loaf (as they call it) from pastry chef Arno Ralph at One&Only Cape Town, South Africa.
120 grams melted butter
200 g. sugar
240 g. ripe bananas, puréed
200 g. flour
4 g. salt
4 g. baking soda
100 g. chopped pecan nuts
30 g. flaked almonds
3 g. cinnamon
3 g. ginger powder
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar until combined.
2. Add room temperature eggs, followed by banana puree.
3. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Fill a rectangular cake tin with the mixture.
5. Sprinkle with flaked almonds
6. Bake at 320 degrees Farenheit (160 degrees Celsius) for 50-65 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from pan and cool for another 10 minutes.
Still hungry? We have lots more global bread recipes.