Music festival season is upon us. We put together a Coachella-inspired playlist to help get everyone in the mood.
INDIO, California – Every spring, music fans flock to the California desert for a long weekend of live music, incredible clothes, balmy weather, pool parties, and endless celeb sightings.
We are a little envious of those making the trek. Instead of missing out altogether, we will continually hit repeat on this season's best-of-the-best Coachella playlist. Thanks to concert veterans/indie music enthusiasts Meghan Mullen and Keegan Forte for putting it together.
Listen to Coachella 2012 on Spotify and get down.
1. "Green Aisles," by Real Estate
2. "Human Qualities," by Explosions In The Sky
Self-described cathartic mini-symphony.
3. "A Horse Is Not a Home," by Miike Snow
Electro-rock propels beer drinking.
4. "Pharaohs," by Sbtrkt (featuring Roses Gabor)
Musical interpretation of a strobe light.
5. "Polish Girl," by Neon Indian
Got to love the early Nintendo influence.
6. "Howlin' For You," by The Black Keys
Upbeat rock ballad.
7. "I Can't Stop," by Flux Pavilion
...listening to this song. Active dubstep.
8. "We Own The Sky," by M83
Eighties-inspired ambient electro-pop.
9. "The Trees Were Mistaken," by Andrew Bird
Radiohead-esque with eerie whistling.
10. "Piledriver Waltz," by Arctic Monkeys
Orchestral soundtrack for the sunset.
11. "Fade Into Darkness - Vocal Radio Mix," by Avicii
12. "Elephant Gun," by Beirut
Charming, triumphant, and poetic.
13. "Blindsided," by Bon Iver
14. "Feel So Close - Radio Edit," by Calvin Harris
15. "Heartbeat," by Childish Gambino
Catchy and crude interpretation of modern romance and heartache.
16. "In Love With Myself," by David Guetta
The title says it all.
17. "That Western Skyline," by Dawes
An unrequited love song.
18. "Savage Night at the Opera," by Destroyer
David Bowie, anyone?
19. "Replicate - Balthazar Remix," by Fanfarlo
There's a reason certain songs are remixed.
20. "Shake It Out," by Florence + The Machine
Good advice. Let it go and move on.