Actor Beth Riesgraf gives us her top picks for Portland, Oregon, her home away from home when shooting TNT's Leverage.
1. Eat several awesome meals. The food options are endless.
Breakfast: The Screen Door has great fried chicken and waffles. Broder is known for its Swedish cuisine. Mother's does an Irish twist on traditional breakfast. The Original Pancake House is good for old-fashioned pancakes and bacon. And Lovejoy has freshly baked bread and to-die-for scones.
2. Visit Charles A. Hartman Fine Art. My favorite gallery in town. Charles collects prints that are timeless and modern. He's knowledgeable, kind, and willing to pull pieces from his inventory to show you whatever you're interested in.
4. Peruse Jackpot Records. Friendly staff and great selection of limited-edition albums.
5. Take day trips. Cannon Beach is a quaint beach town on the edge of the Pacific. You can tour the vineyards in wine country and feast on locally sourced foods. Columbia Gorge has tons of outdoor sports (hiking, windsurfing, fishing) and is famous for its craft beers.
6. Shop the Portland Farmers Market. The South Park Blocks location on Saturdays is brimming with fresh herbs and vegetables grown by local farmers.
8. Take waterfall hikes!
10. Head to Mt. Tabor Concerts. Set up a picnic in the park, let the kids play, and listen to live bands perform.
11. Remember First Thursdays. One big block party that happens on the first Thursday of every month. Shops and restaurants open their doors and welcome visitors for a glass of wine. There's live music and streets lined with stands selling goods from local artists and farmers.