So you don't have plans to whisk your sweetheart to a cozy mountain lodge for Valentine's Day.
You can still bring some fresh mountain air into the bedroom. Here's how.
Create Your Own Cabin Retreat
1. Borrow or buy a wooden breakfast tray — something that looks like it belongs to an arborist.
2. Cook up a lumberjack breakfast: eggs, pancakes, bacon. And pair it with a bottle of artisanal maple syrup.
4. Salt and pepper shakers in the shape of moose add a touch of woodland whimsy.
5. A small ceramic jug can be filled with a few twigs and berry branches to bring the outdoors inside.
6. Set the mood with a small hand-crank radio.
7. And light a candle or two in the shape of pinecones.
8. For a truly sensory experience, spritz some balsam fir linen spray around the room, or bring in a few small fir trees.
9. After breakfast, get under the covers with the King's County Distillery moonshine book.
10. Don't forget the crackling fire.