When Shelby Meade isn't bouncing between Venice Beach and NYC or living aloha in Hawaii, chances are she's keeping it weird in Austin. Here she gives us a play-by-play of the perfect day.
1. Wake up at the amazing Hotel San Jose. Delicious sheets and India cotton pillows surround you. Oh, what's this? Are you swathed in an amazing kimono robe with serape colors that was custom made for the hotel? Yes.
2. Walk out to the pool where in-house yogi Meghan Hughes will give you a simple, private Vinyasa class to get your body moving. After class, walk next door to Jo's for a coffee with a little steamed milk.
3. Back in your room, hit the showers and lather up with the amazing, locally made soap provided by the hotel. Get dressed in something cute from By George to ride the rentable Public bikes from the hotel to Juiceland on Barton Springs Road.
4. After a refreshing glass of Tigerlilly juice (next level cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, parsley, and wheat grass), you are ready to bike over the bridge for a much-needed massage at Milk and Honey.
5. All that pampering makes you hungry. Ride over to La Condessa for lunch in a stylish setting.
6. Post-lunch, head back over the bridge to Spartan to pick up things for home. The shop will ship them for you because you don't want to risk breaking your amazing new glassware by trying to balance it on your handlebars.
7. Time to get back up the South Congress hill. No trip to Austin is complete unless you gear up with gifts for your guys at Stag.
8. Essential: a little nap.
9. After a costume change, it's time to meet friends at Hotel St. Cecilia for a drink in the garden and then gather the troops for a dinner at Uchiko. Pretend you've been eating chef Paul Qi's food since before he won Top Chef Season 9.
11. Back to Hotel San Jose. Sweet dreams.
See all locations for this story. (Google Maps)
Photo (right): micklpickl / Flickr