Links We Love, 05/12/12
by Team Fathom
Links We Love, a compendium of what we're loving right now. Happy armchair traveling.
- So this is how John Derian makes those decoupage plates. I have many in my apartment, and I love giving them as gifts. After watching this video about the creative process, I want to be his intern.
Jeralyn, editorial director
- I thought I was a good packer until I saw these works by Michael Johansson, a Swedish artist who stacks objects with the precision of a Tetrus mastermind.
- Talk about blazing trails! I found this image – of Kathrine Switzer, the first woman to run the Boston marathon (1967) – on Pinterest. Story goes that the race organizer, upon realizing that a woman was in the mix, went after Switzer shouting, "Get the hell out of my race and give me those numbers." But Switzer's boyfriend and other male runners created a human shield around her. She finished that race and went on to compete and win the NYC marathon. Time: 3:07:29.
Crystal, creative director
- A Common Name is geode-bombing LA. I want to find every last one of the graphic designer/artist's tiny hidden gems.
- Maison Lillet is launching its first new product in 50 years, a rose, and they've declared May 17th National Aperitif Day. I plan on observing this new holiday.
Berit, assistant editor
- I’ve been reading about Wander, a new site mixing travel info through the likes of Tumblr and Pinterest, for a little while now. No one seems to know much about it, and countless Google searches have turned up nada. Four weeks until launch. The anticipation is killing me.
Got something you want to show us? Tell us in the comments below.