Links We Love This Week
by Team Fathom
We introduce something we should have started a while ago: Links We Love, a compendium of what we're loving right now. Happy armchair traveling.
- Choose Your Color - The cutest and sharpest thing I saw this week. French blogger Girotte made Pantone color chips out of food. Thanks to London editor and Fathom contibutor Malika Dalamal for finding it.
- Edits Quarterly - I've had this window open for three weeks. I can't close it. Why would I? I need a dose of innovative design and hauntingly beautiful photos every day.
- WTF Wednesdays: The 12 Most Baffling Airplane Passengers I've Encountered - I just discovered the Everywhereist through Christopher Elliott, and blogger Geraldine is my kind of writer: biting, hilarious, and said-it-better-than-I-could-have clever. And I don't get people who go barefoot on planes either. Filthy, people. Just filthy.
Jeralyn, editorial director
- Matchbook Views - I'm a novice phillumenist, so I was struck by this small art series on Etsy. Krista Charles salvages old matchbooks, looks up their locations on Google Street View, and draws the landscapes on the inside flaps.
- Swan Dive or Cannonball - From our friends at Kate Spade New York (with whom we're about to debut a great new project), a new twist on the choose-your-own-adventure story. With beer. And funk. And a swan.
Crystal, creative director
- Miss Moss - A friend who is headed to South Africa forwarded me Diana Moss's gem of a blog. She calls it her "compendium of radness." 'Nuff said.
- How Nobu Matsuhisa Visits 13 Countries Per Year, Avoids Jet Lag - Aside from the awesome photo, Hugh Garvey's interview in Bon Appétit with sushi legend Nobu Mastuhisa makes me want to bring swim goggles wherever I go and, of course, request seat A1.
Berit, assistant editor
- The Royal Café - I'm getting ready for my first trip to Copenhagen, so nearly everything I've read this week has been about Scandinavian design or Denmark. This café is top of my list. Along with the interiors it's known for their "Smushi" (part sandwich, part sushi). Sounds gross. I promise to report back.
- Most Touching Tribute to the Lost Art of Letter-Writing - I'm a bit of a paper obsessive. Conde Nast Traveler led me to my nominee for best hotel stationery: the starry-night paper at L'And Vineyards in Portugal. I want a ream, obrigado.
Cartography - I also love all kinds of maps, and the hand drawn ones in Oliver Jeffers' portfolio pretty much made my day.
Got something you want to show us? Tell us in the comments below.